PA HOUSING FINANCE AGENCY PROGRAM
PHFA provides affordable mortgage financing to buy a home through a variety of programs. As an approved participating lender, Susquehanna Community Bank can review your application information to see if you are eligible for a PHFA mortgage.
Why should I choose a PHFA mortgage?
All mortgages are 30-year, fixed-rate loans, meaning that the principal and interest portions of your payment will never change. The escrow portion of your payment will increase due to changes in your property taxes or homeowners' insurance. The rates are competitive, and there is never a prepayment penalty for paying your mortgage loan off early.
Keystone Forgivable in Ten Years (K-FIT) Loan Program
K-FIT provides downpayment and closing cost assistance for homebuyers utilizing PHFA's Keystone Home Loan Program.
Eligible borrowers may receive:
- A forgivable second loan of 5% of the lesser of the purchase price or appraised value with no maximum dollar limit.
- Forgiven 10% a year over a 10-year period.
Some program requirements include:
- Borrowers must meet the eligibility requirements for the Keystone Home Loan program.
- Borrowers must have a minimum FICO score of 660.
- Maximum financing is required.
- Funds may be used toward downpayment and/or closing costs.
- Borrower must have minimum contribution per PHFA guidelines.
- Homebuyer education must be completed through on of PHFA's approved counseling agencies.
IDPROTECT®Identity theft can happen to anyone. It's our top priority to help you better protect yourself, your family and your joint account holders.